Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Moses-Botkin December Challenge "Hot/Cold"

With it being full-blown winter here in Northwest Arkansas, and craze holiday stuff at the same time, 5 of us from the Moses-Botkin Challenge made the deadline this month. I've been doing nothing but computing as I refine MyArtTutor, BUT that is subject for another post!

Without further ado, here is the challenge from Marie Fox,
"Warm and Cool, or Hot and Cold: opposites must both be included. Subject could be interpreted literally as in a bowl of cold cereal, and cup of hot tea, or an interior showing a cozy fireplace and snow outside. Or in less literal ways such as warm and cool moods, or warm and cool colors."



"Iced Coffee and Biscuit"
©2009 Vicki Ross
8x12 Oil on Panel



"Fire and Ice"
Oil on hardboard

9.5"x7.5"
©2009 
Suzanne Berry 





"Colors Warm and Cool"
Oil on canvas, 8"x10"

©2009 Marie Fox 





"Winter Rooftops"
Oil on hardboard, 6"x6"
©2009 Michael Naples 




"Waiting for Global Warming"
Oil on hardboard

Unframed, 4"x6"
©2009 
Diana Moses Botkin 








4 comments:

Art By Erika said...

Another successful challenge! I think I know exactly how that piece of cookie tastes! Congrats Red! xoxox

VickiRossArt said...

Well, I thought it was going to, but after 2 years in the freezer, the bite I took ended up back in the painting! We need a wife around here!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

"Two Years in the Freezer" would be a good name for a rock band consisting of members who moved from southern California to north Idaho a couple of years ago.

It IS pretty amazing we got this Challenge painted this month! I guess we're always busy busy busy, but this past month has seemed especially crazy to me too.

VickiRossArt said...

It's a matter of honor...a deadline is a great motivator! I seem to create most of these challenges while I sleep...now that is twisted, sista!