Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Moses Botkin Challenge 9-2010

"Paint it Red" is our Challenge subject for September, chosen by new member Elizabeth Blaylock. She says, "lets do a painting with a red, red violet or red orange color dominance.



From Jerome's Paris Window aka
"La Basilique du Val de Grace illuminée la nuit" 
11x14" oil on panel


"Sultry" 
16x16" oil on canvas
© suzanne berry



Arrangement on Red" 
6x6" Oil on Panel 
©2010 Elizabeth Blaylock


"Red Brush" 
6x8" Oil on Canvas 


"Red Pitcher on Blue Cloth"
8"x10"
 
Oil on canvasboard
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin


Red Dance" 
8x8 Oil on Paper 


11 comments:

Art By Erika said...

Where's the self-portrait? :)

Art By Erika said...

I was expecting a self portrait! Xoxox

Diana Moses Botkin said...

We love your beautiful painting here at our house, Vicki. My son said you win the prize this month.

What fun this Challenge was! I'm going to have to use red more often.

VickiRossArt said...

Thanks so much, Diana! It was a pleasure painting it...especially since it fits in with one of the student assignments (Ann Templeton) for MyArtTutor.com!

AND, the painting sold!

suzanneberry said...

This is just beautiful Vicki! I love everything about it.

VickiRossArt said...

Ann Templeton is my mentor on this style of painting. Her class will launch in the next 2 weeks. She teaches a style using transparency in Oils. I am a mere student.

Elizabeth Blaylock said...

Nice painting Vicki. What a view!

VickiRossArt said...

I wonder if you would ever 'take it for granted'? I just barely caught the light, it was gone in a split second.

Marie Fox said...

Vicki - You met this month's challenge boldly in your design! Beautiful painting. Wonderfully abstract and strong. And thank you for your comment - your words inspire me. All the best, Marie

JudyMackeyart said...

Vickie - I love the way you used your reds and the subject matter - very stunning.

VickiRossArt said...

sorry everyone. I had to turn on comment moderation to get rid of the spam comments and I'm a bit slow to check for new one real comments.

I enjoyed this painting...and it is in its new home.