Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paint with a Palette Knife-Moses Botkin Challenge Oct. 2013

I love to hear Suzanne (Berry) howl! Her work is typically so precise, I felt this one would flip her out. she nailed it, as usual. All kidding aside, a good friend of mine, Urania Christy Tarbet never uses brushes with her oil paints. Says cleanup is almost instantaneous with a knife.

I started using one when I had a large space to get pigment onto. Mix a big pile very loosely, and then load the knife to transport it to the canvas. I love the texture AND evidence of the colors used in the mixture.

Mine is on watercolor paper that had been thickly covered with metallic gold acrylic underpainting.

#17
7.5" x 7.5" Oil on paper
© V.N.Ross

"Puff Top"  
Oil on hardboard, 6"x8"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin




Flower of the Sun
12x12" oil on canvas
©Suzanne Berry
http://suzanneberry.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

great job with the knife. I love your color and active surface.

VickiRossArt said...

thanks Julie! I fight tight realism all the time...so this is definitely a "think out of the box" method where you CAN't get too real!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for choosing this one, Vicki! I don't believe I would have ever tried it otherwise. It opened my eyes on several levels about using that tool regularly. I'm hoping to try putting it to use more.

VickiRossArt said...

Well, cat tell, diana! Looks like you've been doing it forever

suzanneberry said...

my apologies for taking so long to compliment you on your painting and to say thank you for this difficult challenge that i wasn't thrilled with but definitely needed.