Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Monday, June 2, 2008

Last Day (well sort of)


I am married to the best man in the world! I even brought his last valentine card with me because it was so cute. Here it is at La Bonne Etoile. This is Amy (a wine grower from Napa), daughter of Bettie and David who posed the first day for Les. In the second photo I think I forgot to say cheese...they don't look like happy campers!

Anyway, I was supposed to get up Monday am at 6 and leave with Les for the airport and trip home. Durinda came in sunday (she is the instructor for the next workshop) for a couple days acclimation before her group arrives on Friday. SO, at the last minute Kippy and Jerome invited me to stay over a few days...I will go to the airport with Chantal when she takes Paul for his journey back. Saves a trip for K&J. Randy was all in favor of me staying over...in fact encouraged it. Kippy's son Michael will be at our house in Rogers when I get back...so I'll get to meet him!

The way I feel today is like I have just been put in a blender on high for the last 2 weeks. Guess I worked really hard. Painting clouds will be a walk in the park with a bucket of chicken...after all, they don't REALLY have to look like the exact cloud. Who cares if there are 3 trees instead of 4!

Trying to not only remember and execute the facial features to look like a person, you have 2 hours to do all that AND capture the soul of the model. It is more and more impressive that Les is able to do all that in a few hours.

He did a sepia tone portrait of each of us...I'll send something on that later, after I collect my thoughts. It is rainy today and very cool, so Durinda and I might go up to the studio and set up a quiet, little, stress-free still life.

No comments: