Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Water, Water, Everywhere...! October Moses-Botkin Challenge

...facebook'ers, be sure to read the entire blog...

 A local weatherman did some research and found that normally sunny Northwest Arkansas has had under FIFTEEN sunny days in 3 months! No wonder we are all forming gills and webbed toes...:)

This month's challenge was from new member, Suzanne Berry, and was simply 'water'. Be sure to visit everyone's blog...some great artists!

Here is mine, from one of those brief minutes of sun:




Cool, Cool, Water
©2009 Vicki Ross
8x8 oil on panel



"Half Full"
8x8 Oil on board



"Fish Tale"
Oil on hardboard 8”x6”



"Ocean Waves"
Oil on canvas, 18 x 24
Marie Fox




Sprinkler Park
11x6 oil on linen
(c) 2009 Robin Cheers



Water Bottle
16x20"
oil on canvas
© Suzanne Berry



5 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You did a wonderful job painting your beautiful colorful glass of water, Vicki! I love the energy of the brushstrokes.

I thought this simple subject was rather difficult, maybe because there were so many choices to examine for how to approach "water".

I know for all of us the challenge of thinking through the painting plan and then doing the work is no small task every month. I always feel like we've really accomplished something after I see everyone's work!

Marie Fox said...

Hi Vicki, Great painting that truly suggests cold water! I know it's not easy to paint ice and other transparent objects, but you did it very successfully!

VickiRossArt said...

thanks Diana and Marie! I almost didn't make the challenge this month (or was going to use a water scene I completed a few weeks ago)...but glad I made the time! MyArtTutor.com has been taking my every waking hour for the past few months. ps: it was really a glass of vodka floating on some cranberry juice, but it does read as water in a red glass!

Durinda Cheek, Fine Artist said...

Hey Vick! I love your cranberry and vodka. Good job! Is it called a Hibiscus? I forgot. I am a cosmo girl myself.
We have had rain every day too- now it is supposed to turn cold. So much for a mild fall, huh?
Glad to see you are back to painting the challenges.

VickiRossArt said...

Hey Durinda! Are you back in the country for awhile? Thanks for liking my 'water' challenge.