Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Theresa, Echo, Nancy and my new Gallery, Eurekan Art






Theresa, thanks for getting my attention about the 'pocketbook portfolio'. I went straight home that day and made one! Echo, for insisting that I go back to the car to get it out of my purse, and for encouraging me to show it to Nancy when we were visiting Eurekan Art in Eureka Springs. And last, but not least, Nancy for selecting some of my paintings for your gallery! You all ROCK!

All are oil, and the small poppies in the black frame are $375. The other 5 are $475. Contact Nancy to purchase.

Eurekan Art showcases regional art, and has a delightful selection of pottery, sculpture and paintings. 

Being an artist is just the tip of the iceberg...self-promotion is a huge part. Even given my career as a graphic designer, web designer, marketing 'expert', I still don't have appropriate business cards! LOL! Kinda like the cobbler's kids going barefoot. When it comes to promoting 'me', I'd rather take a beating. 

New friend and artist, Leslie Newman, thinks I can inspire her to paint more often! She lives real close and may be helping me more than I can help her. Don't tell her...I'll sneak up on that one! You teach what you most need to learn...

All in all, a great week. got a 'perfecto' from Mr. Les yesterday (then today he put me back to work), and a 'WOW!' from Kippy on a new figurative work I did. Then delivering the art to Eurekan today...and I had a big smile all day.

No comments: