Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Monday, October 13, 2008

Toad ya it was purdy in Arkansas for Charles Reid!

Two local newspapers happened to catch Charles at work. One even gave him a new name 'Randy Reid'. I'm sure Randy will enjoy that more than Charles will :)!

Yup, we even have color newsprint here! Just kiddin', I'm a local so I can make jokes...
PERFECT fall day! Was so nice, I just wanted to sit and enjoy watching my fellow artists. I finally set up across the street and attempted to paint them, painting. I had a real hard time settling down. Randy had a great painting. He obviously was finished before I took up residence under that tree on the right side of his painting.
Randy just sits down and does it. No stress, no whining (want some cheese with that whine?) just gets to it. However, Charles taught him from Randy's first day of ever watercolor painting...and I don't think Randy has had any other instructor confuse him. So there. That's MY excuse and I'm stickin' to it!
Here is my feeble attempt. I got all settled and took my source photos, when  an SUV pulled into the parking spot blocking my view. Guess the look of disappointment was so obvious, they offered to move. I took my big straw French market bag and an easel and blocked the space. So, settle down again. About that time, Mom arrived and I got up to introduce her to everyone. In the meantime, a little old man pulled in the parking spot, couldn't see my bag and easel. Fortunately he stopped just before ruining it all. Randy packed me up and put my stuff away. Just as well, I was having too much fun to focus on painting. And that's my excuse, how'd ya like that justification for the next photo?
Yikes. Would have been much better to choose one artist and one umbrella. This was WAY over my skill level, and probably damn near impossible with everyone moving around.
A slideshow of my photos from the day are next!


ENJOY! I still have 2 days to go...nice to have new material!

4 comments:

Art By Erika said...

I'm looking around in those paintings and I'm not in any of them WAH lol It really was a perfect fall day wasn't it? I just did one big post in my blog about the workshop since somebody was asking all about it. Loves ya!

Dianne Mize said...

Oh you lucky Arkansasians! Charles Reid is, indeed, the master of watercolor and what makes that so special is he doesn't know it.

Marian Fortunati said...

Sounds like a great trip!... Hey I like the way you are showing the photos on that little widget... Pretty cool.

Love your sketches...

VickiRossArt said...

Erika, Diane and Marian...thanks so much for commenting. Charles is more concerned with how his students like him and his information than he is with his experience. He is a very unselfish person.