Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Vicki Ross Amalfi oil painting READ IT ALL!







Be sure to read below for more info! I'm on my way to FRANCE! Sponsors came through at the last minute...however, the $1500 offer for a full-sized portrait (or other painting) will still be good through July...after training with Leslie B. DeMille and Kippy Hammond for 14 days, 10-12 hours a day, I will feel comfortable with new pricing! Right now, I'm looking forward to some R&R on the trip over.

This painting has a new home! It was carefully selected, the client couldn't get this one out of her mind. I decided to share my story about this one so she could maybe feel what I felt when I saw the scene.

This is what I wrote to her. Perhaps I will do this for every painting to make them even more special for their new owners! It is SO great to only paint from your own source photos...even better to paint en plein air on the spot, but that is not always possible.

"I'll show you the area where I took the picture for your painting...it was a warmish day and I was tearing myself away from painting on the steps of this church...I knew that I had to observe other parts of this jewel of a town, Amalfi, on the Mediterranean coast. The church was in the middle of the square and was constructed of a native pinkish/salmon colored limestone. The massive scale of the Italian architecture tends to make you feel small...and somewhat in awe of the temporary nature of life. The way the light was shining through the arches was what caught my attention. I'll smile every time I think about this painting being your favorite. I know it is in good hands and hanging in a special spot."

Making my way to 100 subscribers...will continue to manually send links to this blog until then! Subscribe and make me feel good...computer travels with me, so will blog from FRANCE!

I do need to give a bit of credit to my sponsors, and to a blog I discovered named Journey JuJu. She left for a 6 month sabbatical in Europe, and created travel shrines she sold online to raise money. Since I'm all packed, I may just make one for myself! She is a professional writer, and apparently has been blogging every day. I'm an artist, and will be painting every day...blogging when it makes sense!








No comments: