Stay in the Loop! Free!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Followers

search my blog posts?

Friday, March 6, 2009

Lamé Mountain


Lame Mountain ©2009 Vicki Ross 9x12 Oil on Gessoed Panel
Well, Tim did it again! Not only a setup with shiny gold lame fabric, but he put a mark on the floor 4 feet from the easel and made me paint from there! Sight-size method of painting. You step back, study the setup, determine where your next mark goes, and walk up to the easel and make your mark.
Verrry Interestink! Looks more like a Georgia O'Keefe (yeah, right) than gold fabric.
About half way through the painting, Tim couldn't find Shandine's car keys. I carefully slid my hand under the fabric trying to help, and of course, shifted the drape. We decided we liked it better. Kinda like painting outside...you HAVE to remain flexible for whatever happens. Painting definitely is not static.
Here is the source photo:
AND, the slideshow!

4 comments:

Durinda Cheek, Fine Artist said...

Wow- nothing says drapery like gold lame! Bet it was fun! Now if the Flemish painters ever need an artist who paints gold.....

Art By Erika said...

Hmmm vewwy interestink indeed my dear Red!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Ooohhh I like these. Interesting scale with the tree addition!

VickiRossArt said...

Durinda, it was so much fun! Might have to do something like this again!

Erika: bad thing is, I like every style I've tried!

Diana...can't see the forest for that tree, can ya!